Code Of Ethics from Walk On Water: A Guide To Flat Water Stand Up Paddling" by Tim Ganly and Vie Binga
1. I will always respect the water and the tradition.
2. I will feel responsible and watch out for every life in and on the water.
3. I will always be aware of my surroundings.
4. I will always wear my leash and/or pfd in honor of the fellow paddlers who have died during this sport.
5. I will always commit to the stroke and pull myself towards the blade.
6. If I fall off the board, I will always persevere and get back on the board.
7. I will always look for new places to paddle.
8. I will stand up and paddle every day, even in my mind.
9. I will share my experience and pass on my enthusiasm to non-paddlers. -Inspired by surfing legend Shaun Tomson