Maybe you recently purchased a board & are brand new to the sport. Or you have been paddling for sometime now & need some new gear. Blue Paddle SUP has some suggestions for gifts you can purchase that special someone. We will assume they have a board, leash, & paddle. All of these can be upgraded, but I’m not including them in the list.
1. Neoprene Booties or Socks, as the weather turns colder we need something to keep our feet warm.
2. Waterproof case for their cell phone. I like the Lifedeck Fre case. I have gotten my iPhone wet several times, and I have had no problems.
3. Life proof floating case. It’s bulky & orange, but it really does protect your phone & it floats if you drop in the water.
4. Go Pro or Waterproof Camera
5. SUP lesson, SUP Yoga, or SUP Fitness gift certificate
6. Waterproof ipod & Headphones
7. Garmin Watch with heart rate monitor or Speed Coach (for the SUP Racer)
8. Hydration pak - Camelbak, VestPak, Z Gear SUP Hydra Shirt
9. SUP Pocket. Great for when you’re cruising around. You can attach the pocket to your board. Bring sunscreen, phone, water, snack & etc. with you while you paddle.
10. Master lock for car keys. This is one of the best purchases I have made. You can attach this lock to your car door handle, or trailer hitch. Your keys are safe & sound while you paddle.
11. SUP PFD (Personal Floatation Device). I like the MTI Adventure wear Fluid 2.0. It goes around your waist & is out of the way when you are paddling.
12. Fox Whistle 13. SUP Earrings or necklace from Etsy. The shop is GrassShackTrading.
14. Subscription to StandUp Journal or SUP the Mag Magazine
15.Surfrider Membership Protecting Oceans, Waves, and Beaches.
Aloha & Happy Holidays!